Monday, December 1, 2008

Holiday weekend wrap-up and catch up

So I heard there were those missing my kids' hilarious take on life. To my loyal readers, even though few post (ahem, yes, I'm talking to you)my sincerest apologies for not blogging. Thankfully, (though, I'm TIRED!) I've been swamped with business and that, coupled with the holidays has made me crazy busy!

We had a wonderful Thanksgiving. We spent the whole day at my grandparents' house with the whole family and ate great food. A perfect holiday. Not only did we not have to travel out of town, I didn't even have to clean my house. How much better can it get? :) And, as I've been totally slack on posting, (ahem)I never got around to listing the things I"m thankful for. Obvious would be my family...both my husband and kids as well as our extended family. As well would be the Lord for providing for me in so many ways and the daily blessings He bestows.

***

Out of the blue Anna-Kate walked up to me today and said, "Mommy. That sweater is sooo cute on you". "Why, thank you", I responded. "Oh, you welcome Mommy". Seriously? Sounds like I'm talking to a peer. Ha! That kid cracks me up.

When she fell down after running in circles around the house, instead of crying she said, "I fell Mommy. That such a bummer."

We've been teaching Anna-Kate not to flip out if someone takes something or does something ugly to her, but to say "No thank-you", "I'm playing with it right now you can have a turn in a minute", or something of the like. So Ryan's new thing is pulling her hair (Not that it's OK, but it's where we're at.) His favorite time to pull her hair is when they are strapped in next to each other in the "buggy car" at Publix. So today I hear, "No thank you. NO THANK YOU RYAN. It's my hair right now". Classic.

***

Ryan is up on all fours crawling now. He is a man with a mission....and that mission would be to change locations as often as possible, you know, keep me guessing. His favorite place to go, you may be wondering? Ahh, Copper's pillow under the end table. Of course. The most disgusting thing that leaves my precious boy covered in dog hair. Super.

As much as he loves his new-found freedom of crawling, he prefers walking. Preferably holding my fingers, but almost as good is cruising alone. He's getting pretty quick. So here's a question. What do you do when they both start going in two different directions? Hmmm. I guess use Super-Mommy-Power to, in a split second, decide who needs help most and first. Ahh, the challenges. :)

***

Ryan's 9 month well baby appt was today. While his head is growing nicely (in the 97%, seriously??), he has lost a little weight and dropped into just under the 25%. Now, I know Chris and I aren't huge people, but we also aren't 25%'ers either. :) His doctor is making us come back in a few weeks for a weight check to see if this is his new percentile, or if he keeps dropping weight. Why is it never me who gets told to gain weight? That'll be the day.....

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

no thank you, it's my hair right now....i love it. i'm kindof hoping someone will pull my hair just so i can whip out that a-k original.

Leslie said...

So cute! I'm glad you had a good Thanksgiving... that is te best, no traveling and no cooking or cleaning!

Anonymous said...

9 months old already?!?!?!

Jenny

Southern Expressions said...

Kelly, I might pull your hair just to hear you say that. :)

Jenny, can you believe it???

Gil House said...

i would just like to say i just caught up on reading your blog - i was behind several posts, and AS USUAL, your children are PRECIOUS and HILARIOUS!!! i'm sitting here in a meeting from 9am til after dinner ... and i totally laughed outloud @ one point about AK helping feeding when her bee bees are bigger. WHAT A HAM!

The Levy's said...

Great stories - thanks for updating. I will do mine - SOON!