Sunday, December 21, 2008

First hair cut and other catch-up pictures

Ryan is a champ! On Thursday we got his 9 month pictures taken (too bad he'll be 10 months tomorrow.....) and then (during his nap time) I took him to get his first hair cut. He did great! No tears, sat still and talked to me and watched Little Mermaid. (even when she did the razor!!) Super. Then we went to Wal-Mart and Hobby Lobby (you know, my favorite store in the world, well, that and Target. :)). All of this, and no fussing! I love having a laid back kid!

Sitting in the car awaiting the cut:

Photobucket

The first cut:

Photobucket

The after--what a handsome little man!

Photobucket

I absolutely teared up when I was in there. He looks so much older with his hair cut and all of his little curls gone.

***

The other day Anna-Kate walked up to me holding the camera and said, "Mommy, you take picture of me holding Ryan". Well friends, here it is:

Photobucket

***

Here is a picture of the craft we did at Jesus' birthday party--Joseph, Mary and Jesus all laying in the manger :)

Photobucket

It's the old-school clothes pins cut in 3 lengths and with fabric glued on for clothes. The kids got to put moss in their boxes (manger) and then wrap baby Jesus in swaddling cloth (I put velcro on white fabric so they could swaddle and unswaddle--genious, right? :)

2 comments:

Tate Family said...

Oh my goodness, it's "THAT" haircut...first one. :( He is growing up too fast. Anna-Kate is such a HAM -- and I love it. :)

Thank you for the kind words on my latest blog entry.

Anonymous said...

Janelle...I love that first picture! He is so sweet...look at those baby blue eyes. (: What a good boy!! The razors can always be a little intimidating with that "buzzzz" sound - he did so great! And the pic of AK holding R? Love her "cheese!"

Awesome craft...and funny they're all in the manger together! ;)

Jenny