Saturday, December 20, 2008

Weekend wrap-up

Well, I guess the weekend isn't technically over, but it's time for a wrap up anyway. :)

Friday we had a birthday party for Jesus. I'll post pics when I get them from my friend Andria--she always gets great pictures, and, I couldn't find my camera until the very end. The ELEVEN 2 and 3 year olds (and their younger siblings and Moms) had a great time doing a craft, eating lunch, playing and singing the birthday song to Jesus. Such a sweet time--though, I was kinda stressed out at once point. :) I'll post more about it when I get pics.

That evening we got Bruster's icecream with the Crabbs and played cards. Depressing. In our 2008 championship the girls, of late, are getting creamed. So sad. $50 "blow money" and an entire Saturday free of kid responsibility is on the line--I know I need that more than Chris. :) (though, I"m sure he would disagree).

This morning was spent monogramming for friends while Ryan napped and Anna-Kate and Chris went Christmas shopping. We grilled burgers and hotdogs with our friends Drew and Ashley (in the 70 degree Christmas weather...)then had a Christmas party with our home group from church tonight. There are so many great people in our church--and we have been blessed to have so many live close to us! What fun we had talking, eating and then ending the evening with carols, praise songs and a time of prayer. Anna-Kate had a ball playing with the other little girls her age and singing "away in the manger"--her current fav.

Tomorrow we have another birthday party for Jesus at church. Should be fun. Then, after the kids' naps, my in-laws will be here. I think after they arrive it will "feel real" that Christmas is really here and the festivities are beginning. :)

No comments: