Wednesday, November 4, 2009

From the mouths of babes...

It's about time for another peek around our dinner table...

We were sitting at the dinner table the other night when Anna-Kate asked if Daddy would marry her when she grew up. Fabulous learning opportunity that no, you only get married one time to one person. Perfect. So she says, "Oh, then I can marry Ryan when I grow up". "No", I say, "we don't marry our brothers, you will marry someone not in our family". "Oh. Well I need to get workin' on findin' a man to marry me and be my husband!" As I try not to laugh, "O really? I think you have time honey". She responded with, "Mommy, do you think we could stop eating and pray about my husband?" So, mid-dinner, we prayed for her future husband and that God would keep her safe for him and him safe for her. After the prayer concluded she said, "I think there are plenty of Joseph's out there for me to find one; don't you think so Mommy?" (She would be needing a Joseph in her imagination as she's Mary, you know, mother of Jesus).

Always thinking of others she said, "well now we need to pray about finding a girl to be Ryan's husband." "Woooah" I said, "the girl he marries will be his wife!". (Ha!) "Oh, well we should pray for her too Mommy."

3 comments:

Chris said...

We also informed her you can't marry her Daddy because daddy is married to mommy and you can only have one wife and one husband.

All i know is this "Joseph" will have his hands full...

The Bartons said...

that is the cutest thing ever! just imagine- at her wedding some day- you can pull this post up to remind her that you guys prayed for her husband wwaaaaaayyy long ago! :) so sweet! :) and yes, joseph will have his hands full ;) haha

Katie said...

That is so funny Janelle! That's great, though, she wanted to pray for her future husband! God is preparing him too! :)