Thursday, November 12, 2009

Wow.

So we were sitting at the dinner table last night and Anna-Kate said, (completely out of the blue with zero prompting or even being near this subject-wise) "Mommy, last night I asked Jesus to live in my heart."

"What did you say??" I said, "tell me exactly". She said, "well, I was sitting in my bed and I thanked Jesus for you and for me and then I told Him I would like for Him to live in my heart." I teared up a bit and gave her a big hug and told her I was so proud of her and excited and asked if she wanted to call Nana and tell her what Jesus had done to her heart. She said, "no, I think we should just play now, or, can we just get our stuff and you and me go to heaven now?".

I'll let you know how future conversations along this line go. Despite the fact that she is very observant and has asked a ton of questions about Jesus and heaven etc, I was so surprised when she said that yesterday. It makes my heart so happy to know that she will be in heaven rejoicing one day. At the very least, she is gaining sensitivity to the things of the Lord and, I pray, will continue to have a heart always becoming more closely aligned to Christ's. What a great reminder for myself as well!