Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Halfway!

Well, a little more, but I had my 20 week doctor's appointment today along with my big ultrasound. Little (still unnamed) boy looks perfectly strong and healthy, weighing in at a whopping 13 oz (so thaaaaat explains the 8 lbs I've gained...). All of his measurements were right on, and, he's a thumb sucker. The entire 5ish minutes she spent on facial measurments he was either sucking his thumb (with lips moving) or trying to get the thumb back in. OH NO!!! (But oh.so.cute).

I'd post pictures, but honestly, the last ones were clearer. We had confirmation on boy though, which is always comforting to my type-A self. :)

I'll say, he is a lot more active in the womb than my previous babies have been. Dun, dun, duuuuun! It was SO weird to see him kicking in the ultrasound and feel it. The kid can pack a punch (or, a kick, I guess)! Geesh. I have a feeling I will be quite uncomfortable and kept awake many a night before he makes his big debut!

In other news, I had made plans for a couple of friends to keep Ryan (who were getting together already) but he has been so clingy (not in an obnoxious way, it is really quite sweet), so I brought him with me instead. He did great! Despite the inevitable delays that I always experience, he was sweet and relatively calm. :) He did throw the ball with Chris and chase after it for close to 40 minutes, but the rest of the two and a half hours we were there, he was great! (Of course they were late today, I was just relieved that the fire alarm went off yesterday, not today. Perhaps my luck is turning?). All this to say, Ryan is definately all boy in that he runs and prefers to play with balls and be on the move, but he is so quick to jump in my lap and snuggle up for a few minutes. I LOVE cuddling with my boy!!

2 comments:

Chris said...

Ryan will be the football baseball boy and Number 3 can be the soccer guy. Its funny to see Ryan try and kick a ball he nudges it with his foot and is like, "Screw this i'm picking it up and running!"

Dance411 said...

congrats on the halfway mark! you inspire me!!