Friday, November 6, 2009

Tis the season

So I do believe that Christmas shouldn't officially begin the day after Halloween, I mean Thanksgiving is a wonderful day to stop and praise and thank our Lord for the multitude of blessings with which we've been provided. That said, I LOVE Christmastime, and evidently have a mini-me (duh!) who does too! In my world, Christmas officially begins at 12:01 am the morning after Thanksgiving. Chris absolutely refuses any evidence of Christmas before then, but be assured, we listen to the Christmas channel on the radio the whole way home from wherever we celebrated Thanksgiving that year (yet another thing to be thankful for!).

Christmas choir began Thursday night. Ahhh, how I love singing Christmas music and the music director at our church is so stinkin' talented that he makes us sound amazing (not bragging on myself here, he is just really that good! You should come hear the performance, it'll knock your socks of musically!). Anyway, I drove home singing happily along to my choir cd last night thankful (see, early even, for Thanksgiving) for the opportunity to "legitimately" sing Christmas carols before Thanksgiving! Ha!
Anyway, one of the songs on the cd is a portion of Handel's "Messiah". I was almost in tears from the beauty of it and Anna-Kate pipes in from the backseat, "Mommy, this sure is some silly sounding baby Jesus music." Wow, I failed her musically.

UPDATED TO ADD: This morning (Sunday) before we even got out of the driveway to drive to church Anna-Kate said, "can we please listen to some more Chrismas music?". Ahhh. :) As we were listening to Casting Crowns "I heard the bells on Christmas Day" and I heard singing in the back. I turned around to see Anna-Kate singing the words "peace on earth" and Ryan doing his best to sing the same. I could cry it was so precious. Peace on Earth, indeed!

***

In other, unrelated news, Anna-Kate saw presents out and wrapped for her cousins for Christmas and their birthdays (in November). She asked if she could go to cousin "Goliath, wait, what his name, O, Lias"(Elias') birthday party. I said that it was in Texas and that was too far away. I added that since we had just been to Texas we had used all of our flying to Texas money already. Later she asked Chris, "daddy, Mommy's Texas money is all gone, can you please give her some more so we can go back to Texas?". We explained that mommy and daddy share all of our money and all of the Texas money was gone. Her response, "O, well daddy you better go back to work and get some more money so then you can give mommy Texas money." He said, "well Anna-Kate, wouldn't you rather daddy stay home and play with you instead of go back to work?" She said, "no, you should go to work, I like Texas." HA.

No comments: