Monday, September 29, 2008

Great weekend, back to it at home.

We had our church family retreat this weekend and had a wonderful time! We were in Cohutta Springs (almost to TN) at a lodge. It was beautiful, Anna-Kate had a great time with here friends (and playing with all of the older kids out on the lawn), we had a great time of worship and hearing The Word from Dr. Richard Pratt, and the fellowship with other families was great. It's hard that we live so far from church, we struggle to really connect well with others as we are always rushing out the door to get the kids home for their naps.

Now we are back to normal and the swing of things here. I've been really praying about ways to save money and be a better steward of the things God has given us. So, I've been reading up on "couponing" through various sites. Today, for example, at Publix, I was able to bring my total from $100.96 to $74.82. Coupled with that is the savings I've had at Walgreens, and I am keeping my total shopping budget to $100 a week (diapers, cleaning supplies, paper supplies, toiletries and food). If I can cut $25 a week and save $100 a month that would be $1200 a year extra to put towards savings. That's significant!

In other news, Copper got attacked by a dog today. It was a neighbors dog, so we know he doesn't have rabies or anything. Both kids were outside with us when it happened, and, as I was screaming, Anna-Kate freaked out and was crying. Chris literally kicked the dog off of Copper. Copper's been pretty shaken up all night...and so have I. It was really scary...I think really I was scared because I didn't know what to do and kept thinking, "what if this was one of my kids?"

To lighten the tone....tonight Chris was reading a book to Anna-Kate and realized it was getting time to take a bath.

Chris: "Anna-Kate, it's 7:30 and time to take your bath."
AK: "No daddy, not 7:30, it's 7:49".

Ha.

1 comment:

Gil House said...

7:49?!? - oh girl, it's a comin'!