Monday, September 22, 2008

The world as seen by Anna-Kate

I walk in her room this morning (she's been awake for a little bit and her closet door was open). "Mommy, I want to wear new fall clothes." Seriously? I guess she'd been looking at them for a while. :)

While reading a book she sees a picture of a bull. "what's that?" I ask. "A baby" she says. "No, a bull, a daddy cow" I say. "No, baby bull--he's got a paci" (his pierced nose with a ring).

AK:"What time is it?"
JH: "Uh, 8:05."
AK: "Why?"
JH: Because that's what time it is."
AK: "why?"
JH: "because that's when you wake up"
AK: "Why?"...................

When she woke up from her nap yesterday, my Mom went in to get her. Anna-Kate said, "Nana, my daddy flew an airplane to work today." Pretty good memory I think.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm in, I'm in!! ;)

I LOVE the "baby bull w/ the paci!" That's too cute. I can see where she got that idea. Isn't it funny how insistent they can be on when they are SURE they are right?! That cracks me up. There are many times that we tell/explain something to Logan but he still insists he's right and we've got it wrong. Funny kids!

Jenny

Janelle said...

Yay Jenny! :)

You are so right...this is a daily thing for us. Of course it's a paci....that makes waaay more sense than a nose ring. :)