Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Visit to Macon

My parents graciously (very little arm-twisting involved :)) agreed to watch Copper while we went to the beach. So today, we headed down to Macon for a short visit and to get the dog. We had a great time and Anna-Kate helped Mom make an apple pie (she cut out pieces of crust into hearts and flowers to put on top. It was delic by the way...). She had such a great time and I got some cute pics that I'll post later. I'm too tired now...and our keyboard is all jacked up and sticking such that typing is a pain--thus, I'm on Chris' laptop....but I digress.

Two great little nuggets of hilarity from today:

If you read my post yesterday, you'll remember the "y" (long e sound) added to all nouns...well today she was jumping around (her new thing is jumping on one foot). She bumped into the coffee table and said, quite loudly, "owie Mommy, I got a boo-bie a booooo-beee!". I said, "you have a boo-boo Anna-Kate?" "Yes, a boo-bie". Mom and I were crying , literally, we were laughing so hard.

In Sunday school last week Anna-Kate's class learned about Adam and Eve ("Eve so bad Mommy") and how being disobediant is sin and makes Jesus sad etc. So today she and Mom were outside with Copper and the dog started to walk away. Anna-Kate said, "Cop. Cop-peeer. Come back here." Copper completely ignored her and walked in the other direction. She turns to my mom and said, "Copper is being so disobendiant Nana."

Hilarious I tell ya.

1 comment:

Mom said...

Such fun memories.
Love,
Mom