Friday, October 24, 2008

Disappointment

So both of the kids went to the pediatrician today. Both for rechecks. Anna-Kate's lungs are clear and she is acting and feeling normal and great. Unfortunately, she has to stay away from other kids over the weekend as she doesnt' cough into her elbow 100% of the time (do you?). I almost cried when the doctor told me that this morning. Seriously? We havent left the house since Saturday. All week she's been asking about her friends. She didn't get to go to school, we skipped the Halloween craft at friends' house yesterday, and today was the big Halloween party that she and I stuffed goodie bags for weeks ago. She (and I...) have been so excited to go! I know it's piddly and not a big deal in the grand scheme of life, but we were both so sad and disappointed. Thankfully, Chris worked from home today (to help me at the ped's with 2 kids), so he stayed home while I went to the party to set-up. I got to see some of my friends, and brought home party food, crafts and a goodie bag for Anna-Kate. She LOVED it--her eyes were filled with such excitement and joy at her dino shaped chicken nuggest, mini-cupcake with a candy corn on top and cheese and crackers.

In less self-centered news....Ryan has really bad double ear infections. Explains why he cried 80% of the time he was awake yesterday. Thankfully, he is still sleeping and nursing well. We started him on his first prescription today, amoxicillan. Unfortunately, I am stupid. The safety plastic part that comes on the syringe...ya, I didn't realize you were supposed to take it off before giving the medicine. So I spilled a majority of it on the front of him.

What can I say, it's been a long week. :)

1 comment:

Leslie said...

I hope this week is better!