Tuesday, October 7, 2008

It has begun.....and the weekend.

We moved Ryan's crib to a lower setting over the weekend. Ahh! How can it be? Our boy is getting so big! He is C-R-A-W-L-I-N-G! He is, however, quite selective about what he will crawl for. For example, a paci or toy? Absolutely not. He'll content himself with something else, or roll to it in a minute when he feels like it. Food or something electronic (Daddy's blackberry is a personal favorite)--he is on it! He gets up on his knees and goes backwards, or he goes with the tried and truly mastered belly/army crawl and can make pretty decent time. :)

Last Wednesday, my oldest childhood friend (we've been friends since we were 6!!) and her 4 month old son came to visit! We had such a great time hanging out and doing fun craft projects together. She taught me how to make a dipee and wipee (diaper holder) but until I've played with it a bit more, I'll hold off posting a picture. :) Her parents were also in town for a fundraiser for the justice foundation and they came for dinner one night. In addition, Christina's mom (who has the same embroidery machine that I do) was very helpful with tips and suggestions. All of the women and kids went to the square in Marietta and enjoyed window shopping, sipping on coffee and eating pizza for lunch outside--SUCH FUN!

On Saturday I co-hosted a baby shower for my good friend with a couple of other girls. She got a lot of great gifts and we all had a lot of fun. I love going to showers! :)

Anna-Kate and I left the boys at home and went to a family wedding in Gainesville. We had a lot of fun seeing extended family (my parents, grandparents, aunt and other family I see far less often were all there). The highlight of the evening, even though the food, open bar and candy bar were all fabulous, was the dancing. As this was Anna-Kate's first wedding she was like a kid in a candy shop--big wide eyes and LOVING it! The girl danced up a storm! She danced with me, then Nana and Poppy--then moved on to bigger and better. She danced with the bridesmaids, the bride, (the "pretty princess") the band ("watch that baby go" the singer said a couple of times), and finally led the second line with a parasol in the New Orleans style dance. She danced for about an hour. Straight. Took a quick water break and wanted more! We finally left at 9:50 for the 1 hour + drive home. The next morning she told Chris about all the food we had ("and cake" was added after each addition) and then she mentioned the dancing and told him all the people she danced with. She closed with, "daddy, you want to dance with me to?" Precious memories.

My mom got video of it...so if anyone wants to share how to post that, I will gladly put it on my blog. :)

2 comments:

Christy said...

I'd LOVE to see her dancing Janelle!! How adorable...she is quite the character, that little girl of yours :)

Anonymous said...

I love that the DJ pointed her out...she's a star! :) Sounds like a really fun time.

Jenny