Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Playgroup and Walgreens!

Playgroup was at our house today, and Anna-Kate sure enjoyed having her friends over! As I've been trying to be better about scrapbooking, I have been trying to be better about taking pictures that can then be scrapbooked. (See how nicely that works?) :) Anyway. Here is a picture of the kids today taking a break in the 88 degree weather (it is October, isn't it??)

Photobucket

And now for Walgreens. I'm hoping my parents stop by tomorrow before they head to the airport (going to San Antonio for a visit). So, in an effort to be here, I went to Walgreens tonight while Chris was home instead of during Anna-Kate's school time tomorrow. Jolly the things Ryan gets to do with me, huh? Poor guy...but I digress.

Photobucket

2 containers clorox wipes
2 lysol kitchen spray bottles
2 (64 oz)bottles Welches grape juice
2 Reynolds aluminum foil
2 Robitussin cough syrup
1 Dimetapp cough syrup
1 kotex pads
2 kotex tampons
1 RX
1 each of milky way, snickers, 100 grand, and twix (for halloween)

Initial total: $69.01
Total out of pocket: $5.40 (PLUS $13 in register rewards--free money--for next time!)

I should add, Walgreens had an add in the paper this week for a $25 gift card for a transferred RX. I already had my prescription there. So, I asked the pharmacist if I really needed to move my business to CVS and then back again. She said no, she'd just give me the gift card if I filled my prescription there tonight. Super, consider it done. :)

4 comments:

The Levy's said...

Thanks for letting me know you use Kotex...I will keep on the prowl for you for a good sale!! :)

Janelle said...

ha--I thought about not picturing it, but I mean, the stuff's expensive, you gotta show it to get the full effect of my savings. :)

The Levy's said...

I will give you that one! :)

Anonymous said...

Great job on your shopping trip, J! I can't believe they honored the GC for the Rx...that is AWESOME!!!

Jenny