Thursday, October 30, 2008

Making money and saving money

Well, the economy is bad. I think we can all agree. I'm doing my best to contribute as a stay at home mom. Here's what I've got. :)

I bought a plain long sleeved t-shirt at Target and appliqued and embroidered it for a friend. I had so much fun doing it, I'm thinking of adding applique to my business line. (for which there is now a link on the top right portion of my blog. Let me warn you, my site is free, so it's not the greatest website in the world, but it works. And it's free. :) How's that for an introduction?). Here's a picture of the finished shirt:

Photobucket

Isn't it PRECIOUS??? I love it!

*********************************

Now, for saving money...on my weekly trip to Walgreens I had some great deals.

5 (12 packs) Diet Dr. Pepper
3 (12 packs) Diet Coke
2 L'Oreal eye shadows
1 Almay mascara
1 Almay eye liner
2 (1 qt. each) bottles Pedialyte
1 super pack Huggies pullups.
2 (2 pack's) of Walgreens brand Nuby sippie cups

Grand Total: $80.88

After coupons, store credit and sales my out of pocket was: $5.39

Plus, I have $2 reward dollars for next week, and a $7.70 rebate coming to me.

2 comments:

The Levy's said...

That looks so cute!

Katie said...

I LOVE it! I wish I wouldn't have peeked so I could be suprised, but I knew you were referring to Ella Ann's shirt so of course I had to read on! She will want to wear it every single day!! Thank you!

Love,
K