Thursday, October 9, 2008

School

I love school days. Apart from the sweet time I get with my little Ryan, (and the work I get done during his nap!)Anna-Kate has such a great time at school and there are always such cute things to report on. For example...we are always the last to school in the morning. Always. But every morning I open the door and her friends, Asa and Ansley, both start screaming, "Anna-Kate, Anna-Kate's here!" and run over to give her a hug. Now while this is precious, I have a great sense of joy that my child has made friends who care about her...even at the tender age of 2.

Her age brings me to my next "nugget". When we get home, I put Ryan down for his nap and she and I have a little snack and talk about her day (I've found she won't nap if I put her straight down since she's too riled up, and I love our special time). Anyway. We have a digital picture frame in the kitchen and she looked up just in time to see a picture of her, on her first birthday, covered in cake. She said, "Oh, there's Anna-Kate eating cake. I so messy Mama". I agreed then told her that was the year she turned one. I then asked, "how old are you now Anna-Kate?". She didn't say anything, so I held up 2 fingers and told her to count them. She says, "one, two...I TWO! I am so old Mommy!"

1 comment:

Moriah @ Please Pass the Salt said...

Oh man, Drew comes out with utter hilarity on the way home from preschool. The things those kids say!