Monday, December 28, 2009

Anna-Kate: part psychic, part doctor

So, I promise to post about Christmas, but this was just too funny...

Ryan got a doctor kit from my grandparents for Christmas and both kids have really enjoyed it.

AK: "Mommy, can I doctor you?"
Me: "sure."
AK: "are you sick?"
Me: "well, I don't think so..."
AK: (listening to my heart-beep) "oh, you are so sick!" (takes me temperature) "and you have a bad cough!"
Me: "and you can tell that by taking me temperature? Amazing."
AK: "oh yes. I think you have a bad fever too" (gives me a "shot") "your cough is all better now."
Me: "oh good."
AK: "let me check your eyes" (then looks at my eyes with the little thing) "oh dear, this tells me you are going to get very, very sick."
Me: "oh no, when will I get sick?"
AK: "um, next week. now I'm going to doctor you and the baby" (and puts the thing on my arm for blood pressure). "He's good, now I'll doctor daddy."

(Chris lays down as if dead on the floor)

AK: (listens to his heart-beep) "Oh daddy, what a large tummy you have!"

I may or may not have laughed so hard that I started coughing, which may or may not have made me wet my pants a little bit. I'm blaming the pregnancy for this one.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hee hee! This story literally made me laugh out loud. Especially the "may or may not have peed my pants a little." You can *totally* blame that on the pregnancy!!!!


Jenny

The Stephens Family said...

haha i am cracking up!!!