Saturday, December 19, 2009

Does this happen to you too?

Have you ever heard yourself talk and realized you were over-reacting and wondered why the words coming out of your mouth were coming out of your mouth?

Ya, me too. (I'm just sayin', it happens to the best of us sometimes, right?)

So at 6:41 this morning I woke up as Chris pulled the sheet off of me. I was holding the sheet over my tummy, about halfway covering me and I said, in a half awake fog, "stop it, I don't have any sheet!". Chris said, "you have it all" then did the clutch and roll. (you know, the famous, I'm rollingintothesheetsothereisnopossibilityofyouevergettinganysheet move. I was furious. (I like my sleep). I got out of bed, went to his side and tried to logically reason with him that in fact, he had all of the cover. (And by logical, I mean I grabbed the handfuls of sheet and waved it at him saying with intensity, "SEE? You have it all!". I got back on my side, my point clearly made only to find that I had awakened my baby who had previously been sleeping in my gestating womb. I never fell back asleep.

I resigned myself to it and got up, took a shower, cleaned the kitchen and started making muffins for breakfast. (All the while fuming. I know, mature.) When Chris came down about 8:25 he said, "your hair is wet, I didn't think you were gonna take a shower until after you went out" (to be fair, I had an appointment with some friends to get a manicure and pedicure at a new spa in the area. If you haven't heard of groupon, get on it--major money saving fun things to do). I said, "well, I wasn't planning to wake up early, but as I couldn't fall asleep after my 6:41 abrupt awakening I decided to go ahead."

Then he said it. "Well babe, why'd you wake up so early?" I think I breathed fire when I said, "yooooooou. YOU woke me up" and I recounted our earlier exchange. He started laughing and had zero recollection of said exchange. (which just made me madder, because clearly he was doing it on purpose. Like I said, I knew I was being irrational, but I was peeved. Like, when you wake up from a dream and it's so real that you really think it happened enough to be mad or really happy with someone...does this happen to other people than me??).

I guess I was snippy enough that Chris encouraged me to leave...and stay gone. Uh-oh.

Thankfully, after a wonderful time (almost 2 hours in fact) with some friends getting pampered, I wasn't as tired and felt better. I met Chris and the kids at chick-fil-a for lunch, then played until nap time. I got some sewing done too (though, side note, I am OVER the project I'm currently on. I am beyond stressed with it and just want it to be done so I can mail it off and never think about it again. And, my serger became unthreaded today. BANE OF MY EXISTENCE. It took me 45 minutes to get that blasted thing rethreaded.).

Tonight we are heading to Chris' office party and then gonna hit our next door neighbor's bash--tis the season. Chris said his party has door prizes. I thought, "yippee" until he told me they included a 42" tv...so we're crossing our fingers for that. :)

On a completely unrelated note, Anna-Kate and I will be attending the Nutcracker tomorrow and she is beyond excited (I mean, I am too, but she has that child-like excitement that is absolutely contagious!). Pictures to come, so stay glued to the edge of your chair for those. :)

No comments: