Friday, December 4, 2009

Coffee

I love it. I even drink de-caf now that I'm gestating and all. (Call it the placebo effect, I still love it, and it "works"). Chris gets peeved with me for using flavored coffee in the pot, evidently, the "abomination" flavor stays through to the next pot.

So, if you read this blog often, you know that this past week has been quite busy and stressful for me. I went to bed at 2am for four nights in a row. Let's just say that yesterday morning I was quite tired upon waking up. (Can you blame me? I mean, I am gestating and all). I stumbled out of bed at 8:30 to make a pot of coffee. I had slept late (so had Anna-Kate, thus my ability to sleep. God bless his little heart, Ryan had patiently waited in his big boy bed for me to get him-VICTORY!). We were of course running late for school so by the time I got the kids fed and lunches made, the pot was only half way through brewing. No biggie I thought, I'll just pour some into my beyond-giant-sized travel mug and it can finish after I get some and go. This is our new coffee pot. Evidently it doesn't have the feature where it stops brewing when the pot is not under the thing. Can you guess how I know this now? Ya, it spilled everywhere, but dangit, I was gonna finish pouring. Well, idiot that I am, put the pot back on to catch the drips and it splattered the coffee all over the counter. If you know me well you know that my biggest OCD tendency in life is my sink and counters. (Until about 6 months ago I bleached both daily. I still wipe them obsessively...I mean really, if you see yuckiness on the counters don't you just assume the kitchen is dirty and any food prepared there isn't clean?). Anyway, so I freaked and jumped for the paper towels, which in turn knocked over the entire contents of afore mentioned beyond giant travel mug. The old me would have flipped. I think I was too tired to exert that much energy. I walked to the laundry room, grabbed two clean dish towels (yes, that's how much coffee it was) and cleaned it up. At this point, school had already started, but, on a brighter note, my coffee had finished brewing. I poured the remaining contents into my mug and hit the road.

When I got back home I got a phone call as I was walking in and put my coffee mug down somewhere. When I got off the phone I couldn't for the life of me remember where it was. Do you know I never found it? Chris found it when he came home from work. Eight and a half hours later. It was on my desk.

Clearly, I need more sleep.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.