Wednesday, December 30, 2009

I have an annoucement to make

(Yes, I'm pregnant). Haha, I'm a funny one. :)

The child within my womb, formerly known as poor-nameless-boy, has officially acquired a name. We decided for sure a few weeks ago, but decided to tell our family at Christmas. We specifically decided to wait and tell my grandfather, whom he will be named in honor of.

So, since tens of you are in the edges of your seats, I will commence.

His name will be Jack Henry. Precious, isn't it? (and if you disagree, you may keep your opinions to yourself. Ahem.).

Jack means "God's precious gift", which, clearly, he is (Also, it is a derivitive of John, a family name many times over on Chris' side of the family. In addition to that, Janelle and Jack--derivitives of John and Jane--mean the same thing, so it's triple-y special). :)

Henry means "strong ruler of the home" and our prayer is that he will grow into a strong leader--a man of God who loves his future wife and children and leads them with the wisdom of the Lord. Henry is my dear Papa's middle name who Chris and I both adore. We are so pleased to honor him in this way, and hope that our little Jack will be like him one day.

So, there you have it. Aren't you glad you waited so long for that? :)

6 comments:

EmilyV said...

My grandfather is Jack, and both of our girls would have been Jack if they were boys. I guess I'll have to try again.

laura wardwell said...

love it!!! very cute name!!

Josiah Roe said...

We both know Chris is a huge Tom Clancy fan and where that name REALLY came from.

Tate Family said...

I love it. :) I thought about Jack, but Jack Tate sounds too close to LACTATE. Ummm, no.

Unknown said...

What special news! Thanks for sharing!
Happy New Year to all of you. 2010 is going to be so wonderful for all of you!

Dance411 said...

congrats on the name! i like it!