Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Random

I'll just warn you...there is no rhyme or reason to this post. Just a few random thoughts/stuff going on.

I've got a cold, and I'm miserable. The worst part is that baby has gotten so active that his kicks are actually making me sick. Like, I have to lie down and concentate on not throwing up. Seriously? This is no bueno and (Please God!) cannot last 15 more weeks!

***
I'm heading to the OB tomorrow. That's all. I'm sure everything is fine. Though, this is my first trip since the Northside visit a few weeks ago. I'm sure there will be questions a'plenty.

***
I had my first "seriously, I have to start thinking about this?" moment today with Anna-Kate. We were in the car and there was no fussing/whining/complaining happening. (which is why what follows is so random, she clearly doesn't get the context). I got out of the car and she said, "you are such a stupid". "What did you say?" I said (I truly said it not accusatatingly as I was sure I had not heard what I thought I heard.) "Umm, you are such a mommy" she said.
Me: "Anna-Kate, are you telling the truth? What did you really say just then?"
AK: "umm, I forgot."
Me: "Anna-Kate, are you telling Mommy a lie? Who is the father of lies? (the devil, in case you don't know)."
AK: "I just can't remember right now Mommy."
Me: "well, you sit on the stair until you remember what you said."
5ish minutes later...
Me: "did you remember?"
AK: "No, I just forget..."
Me: "You realize that by telling lies your consequences get worse, right?"
AK: "Umm, I said stupid" (this was so faint I could hardly make it out).
Me: "What did you say?"
AK: "stupid, I said stupid Mommy."
Me: "Do you know that that word is unkind and only ever used to be ugly and unkind to others? ("uhh, no", voice shaky) Do you think Jesus would use that word? ("no ma'am", crying a little)Do you think He would be proud of you for using that word? ("no ma'am" with hysteric tears)Where did you hear that word?"
AK: "in that bee movie" (that would be a movie we saw one time last June.)

In case you were wondering why we shelter our kids. X-ray memory. That's why.

("Oh be careful little ears what you hear...")

3 comments:

Allison said...

Janelle, you are the most wonderful mom! I read your blog all the time and am just astounded at the integrity with which your raise your children. I hope I am half the mom that you are some day!

Sara said...

I completely know what you mean about hearing something once and repeating it forever! I said "darn it" in front of Reid when I dropped his poopy diaper about 2 months ago, and guess what he says EVERY time he gets on the changing table now?? You guessed it! Ugh!

Megan said...

I thought I was crazy for feeling nauseous at times when my little guy goes nuts with all the kicking! Being a first-time mom, I've got NO CLUE what's happening in there. :) I feel a bit more relieved that I'm not the only one that gets a wee bit sick to my stomach with all the movement that goes on. I hear you -- can I really handle 14 more weeks of this? And then ... is this a sign of what's to come after he's born??? Oh merciful heavens.