Monday, September 20, 2010

Everybody know what time it is?

(No, not tool time)

Time to lower the crib!

(WHAT--Jack isn't even 6 months old yet?!?!?!)

I know. Saturday night he woke up screaming around 3 am and when Chris walked in Jack had pushed himself to sitting and couldn't figure out how to lay back down again. Crazy. So, since a couple of weeks ago Jack pushed himself up onto his hands and knees, (and hands and feet, like a bear) and began rocking I figure he's giving us the "I'm outta here" signs, and we'd better be proactive on the crib safety front. (On another note, I demand it to stop! He is my baby and he is growing up way too quickly!!) I thought that Anna-Kate walking early was a random thing, surely lightening wouldn't strike twice on the crazy early walking front (she walked 4 days before she was 7 months old).

Stay posted.

1 comment:

Mom B said...

At 6-8 months, we had to get Matt out of a crib. He was so claustrophobic it wasn't even funny...if I put him on a sleeping bag on the floor, he was fine. In the crib...no way!

Our solution was to have Daryl's Dad build a regular, twin size bed, with side rails when he was around q year old, so he could climb out if he needed to, but couldn't roll out. The bed is still a treasure to him, since Granddaddy built it, and he slept in it until he got married. It's now in the guest room at Matt and Amy's.