Wednesday, September 1, 2010

It's like I always say....

...when life gives you lemons, at least you have something to blog about.

In today's instance, McDonalds is the lemon in question.

Wednesdays are crazy for us. I drop Anna-Kate at school and Leigh-Ann and her 2 little kids get in my car and we drive to church for womens Bible study. We arrive late, have our time there, leave a few minutes early and are late getting back to pick up the big kids (noon). The last 2 weeks it has just so happened that I'm out of bread for sandwiches (I grocery shop on Thursdays). Oh, and Jack eats at 12...makes for an unhappy baby when I roll through carpool at 12:15...

Anyway, I've been nursing the baby in the car and then we have been going to McDonalds to let the kids eat a little quicker. Our McDonalds is notorious for being stupid/not reading orders messing up orders. I generally order the same thing, (which includes for myself a double cheeseburger meal with no ketchup and no cheese. Always.) so know how much it costs. She asked me to repeat my order three times. Then said, "that'll be $11.70." My normal total is $5 and change. When I asked her to read back through my order she had it completely wrong. Mind boggling. So, we got that fixed, took Ryan to the potty and went to divvy up food. The fries box (that we split) was half full. Literally, we hadn't eaten any, so I took it back. The manager agreed it was not OK and gave me a new one. No big deal. Get the kids' situated. Make a couple more trips up for mustard, salt, napkins etc. Finally go to eat my meal, open it and there are 2 pieces of cheese and ketchup is dripping off of it. Once I finished gagging, I took it back. The girl was incredibly apologetic and took it back to get another. I waited a couple minutes and then went to sit down, assuming she'd bring it to me. That would be a wrong assumption. About 5 minutes later I finally walked back up there and she said, "oh, didn't you get your burger?" (umm, no...). She grabbed it, gave it to me and I headed back to the table (by this point, my kids, Leigh-Ann and her kids are done eating). I sit down, open it up, and would you believe it, again, covered in ketchup and cheese! I checked the paper instructions, yep, said, "NO CHEESE" and "NO KETCHUP". I was floored. Took it back again, this time giving it to the manager. Instead of saying something to the line people (who clearly decided not to read the large capital letters) he absolutely chewed out the girl who rang me up for not ringing up my cheeseburger meal as a hamburger meal (ps, there is no double hamburger meal). When she said as much the manager replied, "they can't be expected to see 'cheeseburger' and read no cheese on it". My mouth absolutely fell open. Yes, indeed, why would we expect people to actually read and follow directions. (and, that still doesn't solve the ketchup problem, but whatever).

I can think of no kind words with which to conclude this post, so I will follow the advice I give my kids, "when you have no kind words to say, keep your lips closed".

The End.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

haha, here's to little caesars next week! LOL!

Leigh-Ann