Monday, August 30, 2010

Fruit on jammie Monday

It wasn't a true Jammie Monday since we did leave the house. :) Our friends are moving out of the neighborhood, so our playgroup had a goodbye party (with pizza and cookie cake--we weren't gonna miss that!). :)

***

Today we talked about the fruit of the spirit (love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, gentleness, faithfulness and self-control).

Side note, when I got to self-control, Anna-Kate said, "Oh, I know about that, you tell me to get some all the time when I'm being naughty!". I laughed. Really hard.

We talked about how the fruits are God's gift to His children, to help us be more like Him. I showed her a rotten and black banana and a nice yellow one and asked her which one she would rather eat. We both agreed that the yellow one was much nicer--and that's how God wants us to be. I then asked her which one we looked like to Jesus when we were being sinful, ugly and disobediant. She looked sad and pointed to the nasty banana. I said, "but God can make even something ugly and yucky wonderful again, can't He?" Then, we talked about how ugly, yucky bananas make wonderful banana bread. (It's always coming back to food for us, evidently). We talked about each of the "fruits", what the words meant, and how we could show that fruit every day (ie, being faithful means being loyal to our brother and choosing to play with him, or being good means obeying and doing what we know is the right thing to do, even when no one is watching).

Then it was craft time! Anna-Kate colored all of the fruits, cut them out and then glued (all by myself, she said.) the fruit into a basket.









I love jammie Mondays!

2 comments:

Chris said...

So you made banana bread right???

Katie said...

What a wonderful activity! I will have to do that with Ella Ann...she would love it.

P.S....AK looks SO much like you, especially in those pics!