Monday, August 16, 2010

Updates all around

Jack is loving his cereal. Last night, he ate every bit I made in the bowl. Unreal. Such a sweet boy. When he wakes up he plays in his crib for a while then fusses. I go in to get him and he gets the biggest grin on his face. It turns to giggles as soon as I feed him or put him in his excersaucer. I wish I could be as happy, so simply, as my boy.

***

Ryan is doing so great with the potty! I cannot even begin to express my happiness! He is staying dry and going to the potty about every 1- 1 1/2 hours. He is generally telling me when he needs to go, and always tells me when he needs to poop. I'm so proud of him (this is only day 5...of round 2...)! Only killer is he is waking up mid-nap needing to go. O well, at least it's sticking. I am so thankful for God's grace and forgiveness for my pride and pushing Ryan when he wasn't ready. Praying God's grace will continue to cover my sins and that my children will know how much I love them and not remember how often I screw up.

***

Anna-Kate is doing really well in school. She has a couple of really good friends in there, and her teacher is precious. I'm completely torn and unsure of what needs to happen. I feel like she is too young to be in school every day (and selfishly, am not ready to give up jammie/reading days at home with all of my kids!). Last week she did well, but by Thursday was begging to stay home. I spoke with her teacher about keeping her out a day; she was not a fan. If I do it, I want it to be a consistent day so it isn't a matter of "I don't feel like going to school today so I won't" kinda thing. I don't know. With my current schedule, the only day that would work to keep her out is Mondays and I feel like that might be weird always missing the first day of the week. I've been praying about this for months, but still don't have a peace either way about it. Why must everything be so difficult?

***

Not much new for me, but we are gearing up for Chris' birthday this weekend...the big 3-0! :) So, as always, I'm off to attend to another project.

1 comment:

The Bartons said...

holy moley....chris is so old!!! :) happy bday :) hope it's great and full of fun times ;)