Thursday, August 19, 2010

Dear Me,

The other morning I was listening to our local Christian radio station as I sat in carpool line and they were talking about what top 3 things they would tell their high school self. It got me thinking and I think I've come up with my top three (sad that it's hard to narrow it down so much...hindsight really is 20/20).

1. Don't have a boyfriend, date and have fun--you won't marry him (thank you Jesus!) and it isn't worth the time and heartache.

(I'll wait to continue while everyone who knew me in high school recovers from laughing/rolling their eyes/muttering "I told you so"). OK, ready to continue?

2. These are good, even great, years, but they are not the best years of your life. Don't sweat the small stuff, life gets bigger and better as you age. :)(and as a tagalong to that...you are not that tired or stressed out, you are not busy, this is not hard. Give life a few years and then you can say you are tired, stressed, busy and life is hard).

3. Be confident in who you are and don't worry so much about what other people think about you. I would kill to have the muscle tone I did in high school...yet even then, I thought I was fat. So sad. Don't let anyone tell you how to think or who to be--God made you and loves you and you are His--that is more important than other people's opinions of you.

***

What would you tell your high school self?

3 comments:

Chris said...

1. Play more golf while you can.

2. Buy stock in Apple, trust me it'll go up.

3. Don't be such a punk aka smart ace. .... still working on that one.

Sara said...

1. me too
2. me too
3. me too

Agree with all of those! I pray that Reid and Grant will not date in high school. It messes with your mind... even years later! I would also add - "remember these years!" So much of high school I do not remember! So wish they had blogs back then... or maybe not! :)

Kathy said...

gratifying to read that. . .
I like the beautiful, wise young woman you have become.
Love,
Mom