Friday, August 20, 2010

Tea party

It's that time again! The time where I try and be cool and actually take out the camera so I can document life...Fun Mom Friday with Moriah over at please pass the salt!

Anna-Kate is obsessed with tea (hot, not cold...don't know where she got that, but whatever) and tea parties (with her little tea set from Aunt Julia...sadly, we've had a couple of saucer casualties, but we're fighting through our losses). Anyway, one day last week I put the boys down for their naps and we had a girls only tea party. We did the whole thing, milk, sugar, tea pot, teensy tea cups I couldn't possibly jam my finger into...and she was in heaven. :) We had her favorite, (herbal) gingerbread tea with milk and sugar and princess cookies(like teddy grahams) to eat along with it!

Welcome to the tea party!



Ever so carefully putting sugar in her tea.



Stir in the milk...



...cheers!



Yummy! Tea fit for a princess. :) She even had her pinky up and dabbed at a spill with her napkin. How dainty.



As always, I'm reminded of just how special my time is to Anna-Kate. She absolutely thrives under my undivided attention.

7 comments:

Moriah @ Please Pass the Salt said...

So girly, so fun.

Marjorie said...

can't wait to have a little girl one day for the tea parties!!! adorable blog header picture too :)

Jason and Gretchen said...

I should have done this more with my daughter, who is almost 10 - she has four brothers and probably would have appreciate it! hmpf

Katie said...

I love it! I wish EA like tea so I could have a "real" tea party instead of using water!!! What a fun time for AK with you!

Olivia said...

So cute! I love tea parties!

M.K. said...

That is precious :) I love that pink & white checkered pattern. We're a little past our tea party days around here, until the grandchildren come along :)

Jennifer said...

Tea parties are so fabulous! I have often said my husband would be the "perfect" man for me if he would only drink tea! So, in order to create "perfect" spouses for my future daughter-in-law, I have tea with my little boys, who have now grown to love it! It is such a soothing ritual. . .looks like you had a wonderful time!