Saturday, August 28, 2010

Funnies

AK: "What's that line in your hair?"
Me: (in my head..."I just got my hair highlighted, how is there a line?") "What are you talking about?"
AK: "That line. (and points to the part in my hair) It's like my line." (and points to her own part).
Me: "Ooooh. That's called a part in your hair."
AK: "It looks like an open book to read on your head."

***

Ry: "Where we going, Mama?"
Me: "Church"
Ry: "Ryan no want to go to church."
Me: "Why not? It'll be fun, your friends will be there, and there is a special snack."
Ry: "Oh yes, that's right. I want to go to church. Get special snack."
(our priorities are clearly where they should be).

***

Every night, as a stalling tactic Ryan asks to count my fingers. He either forgets to count my thumb or in the craziness of moving from my pointer finger to thumb, adds one (for a total of 6 fingers, which neither of my hands' has). The other night he was counting and he got to five, then circled back around to the pinkie and said, "...six. O look Mommy, you got an extra one of those!"

No comments: