Friday, August 13, 2010

Summer Sundaes

Last Friday, in honor of it being the last Friday before school started in full force, we had pizza and sundaes, and watched a movie after dinner! I'm a sucker for a good surprise (and making the somewhat ordinary special and exciting) so I didn't tell them what was coming. Chris walked in with Little Caesar's (you know, nothing but the best) and crazy bread. I know, we took a walk on the wild side for sure. :) After dinner, before even cleaning up the dishes, I pulled this out: (Thanks, Aunt Julia, for the cow bowls!! Big hit!!)



My kids' eyes were huge. They about popped out when I said they could make their own. (which got me to thinking, what else can they do alone that would help me and that they would think is cool? Hmm...)

Anna-Kate in a stage that she thinks a non-matching headband is the natural choice to complete her outfit...even with a bow already in. Brilliant, she is so fashion-forward.



Funny side note, as I was trying to take pictures (to document just how cool I am...does that make me lame?) Anna-Kate ended up pouring a little over half of the section of sprinkles on her icecream. I wish I was exaggerating. I'm not.



Ryan's new thing when he's excited about something is to say, "Oh boy, oh boy!". Then, he follows it up with, "mmm-Mmm-MMM!!!" while moving his head back and forth for emphasis. He is so cute!



Clearly, we learned our lesson. As I document my awesomeness, Chris assisted with sprinkles. We are such a good team. :)



How were YOU the fun mom this week? Join the fun over at Moriah's blog. Or, stop by for some other fun mom ideas.

Oh, and Moriah, hilarious about the child labor thing as you've written a couple posts this week about it. I had this post from last week and didn't post it in time. LOL.

5 comments:

Moriah @ Please Pass the Salt said...

Made me laugh because Madeline does that too with the headband AND a bow. And also, we've had the sprinkles dumped a time or two as well. :)

Linda said...

Some of my favorite memories from my childhood are the times when my parents let us do the unexpected; the things they usually said no to - like making our own sundaes!

Anonymous said...

Janelle,
I sent an email to your business account - but in case you did not get it, I'd love to interview you for an article on gender-reveal baby showers that I'm writing for BabyCenter.com. Please email me if you are interested, ASAP. Thank you!

Evonne Lack
evonnelack@gmail.com

emilie said...

ha ha, I love the sprinkles part Janelle. Sprinkles are so weird... kids love them, but they don't really taste like anything... they are just pretty. Thanks for making me laugh!! :)

Anonymous said...

You cannot possibly go wrong with Blue Bell!! Looks like tons of fun!