Tuesday, August 3, 2010

A trip to the mountains

So, yesterday got away from me. Oops. We went to Highlands, NC with my in-laws over the weekend and got back late Sunday night. I had a planned a play date with friend weeks before, so yesterday we headed across town to spend the day with Katie, Ella Ann and Rane.

On Friday, after Chris had put in some long hours all week, we were able to leave around 2 to start the weekend early! We arrived at the house, unloaded and headed in to town for a yummy bar-b-que dinner. We walked around the adorable town, got icecream (Well, I got icecream. Out of fudge, icecream, milkshakes and candy, my kids chose candy sticks. How did I fail them so miserably in their training of all things good??).



Saturday morning Chris, his parents, and the big kids went to the nature center and on a hike while I stayed back with Jack so he could nap(I was astounded at my good fortune that I got to a. skip a hike and b. have time alone/got a shower. SCORE!). They had a blast!!









After, we had lunch and the kids napped. Chris and I went in to town to walk around and have coffee (and picked up some Christmas presents!). Since it's us and we have that kind of luck, it torrentially poured rained. Ugh. When we returned we played, read a lot of books, Uncle Hunt joined us and grilled burgers. A lovely evening.







Sunday we went in to town and visited a toy store. The kids lucked out big time as Mimi and Oompa bought them each a toy! Anna-Kate chose a little Sleeping Beauty and the little girl for her doll house and Ryan chose a T-rex in the "dinosaur train" (a show on PBS). They were thrilled. I was less than thrilled with Ryan's choice (it's LOUD) but, he was happy. :) After, we went to a little playground where the kids had a picnic and played. They napped, we went out for pizza and then headed home. A fun, full weekend!





No comments: