Friday, July 30, 2010

Diggin' Deep

It's time, once again, for me to show you just how fun I can be. Excited? :)

Last night, Chris had to work late, so we were on our own for entertainment. We ate dinner, bought some popsicles, (that I didn't even have a coupon for--livin' on the edge!), grabbed our sidewalk chalk, frisbees and golf clubs and took them to the front yard (you like how I mixed it up--wow, I'm so fun!). It has been so unbelievably hot, this was the first time my kids saw the sun today (except, you know, longingly through the window...). Even our neighborhood pool feels like bath water. No thanks! I thought about pulling out the sprinklers, but that was a bridge too far for me last night. :)

Look at those baby blues:



Sweet girl. She is amazingly good with the Frisbee. It goes exactly where she wants it to, a good distance away.



I didn't even freak out about spills and drips. (they had me at "slow drip"--Dora popsicles have some gelatin in them, brilliant.)





Check out other fun mom ideas for Fun Mom Friday, over at Moriah's blog.

7 comments:

Moriah @ Please Pass the Salt said...

Ha ha, yes, you're livin on the edge. Aldi has popsicles pretty cheap, just fyi. I think it was $2 for an 18 pack. We have that gymboree dress (somewhere)!

Anonymous said...

*laughing*

I bought the Dora slow-drip pops last week. The kids and I LOOOVE them! The gelatin in them IS brilliant, isn't it?!?! They had me at "slow drip" too!! Love 'em.

Jenny

FunMom said...

I haven't seen slow-drip popsicles yet! Definitely sounds brilliant! May have to investigate making some of my own...

And, I'm super impressed that your little girl already has frisbee skills. I'm dangerous with one. NO IDEA where it will go when it's left my hands!!

Tate Family said...

Ok, this line cracked me up -- "I didn't even freak out about spills and drips."

Ellen said...

You were quite the fun mom this week! Anything with popsicles sounds fab to me!! :)

Linda said...

Popsicles on a summer day - what could be more fun than that!! :)

mer@lifeat7000feet said...

You made me laugh when you said you bought the popsicles without a coupon. That's something I would beat myself up over...I'm such a tightwad.

Sounds like a fun evening with your kiddos. I think I have a frisbee stuck on our roof. My kids don't have the wrist action that your daughter does. Smile.