Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Weekend with Nana and Poppy!

I drove my kids down to my parents' house last Thursday, where they spent the weekend (and mom drove them home on Monday). Chris and I had some wonderful time to spend (relatively) uninterrupted. It was so easy to just have 1 kid--to be able to enjoy being a "first time mom" but be confident and laid back. We went out to dinner and I got a lot of work done. A girl I went to college with ordered four jon-jons from me, so I made and monogrammed those--then, I tackled the attic. The unorganization in my attic was really getting to me (I know, it's sick) so I dragged all of my bins downstairs, went through them all, refolded, replaced, labeled the bins and then put everything back in the attic (actually, Chris put it back up there, I was extremely sore from bringing them all down--so heavy!) then I washed, ironed and tagged all of the rejects for consignement sales. (All told for my two upcoming sales, I have about 200 items to sell! Hoping to make some money!!) I then got it in my head I needed to clean and organize my laundry room. Well, that eeked into my hall closet, which eeked into my craft drawers...needless to say, my house looked like a bomb had gone off for a while. I'm happy to report that everything is nicely in its place now.

Well, while I was doing all of that, Anna-Kate and Ryan were having a blast at Nana and Poppy's house! Some of my kids' highlights were the little wooden train set from Marshall's my Mom scored, that Ryan loved, some little people, a tent and tunnel set, and the ever popular sprinkler/baby pool/slip 'n slide combination! They took a trip to my aunt and uncles' house on Saturday and swam in their pool (which Ryan especially loved) and mom and Anna-Kate worked on making jewelry. The kids had such a great time (thanks, Mom and Dad!).

Ryan is totally my water baby! I love these pictures of him absolutely loving life (and thanks, Julia and Doug, for having them down!). Ryan combines his love of water and his love of "shoops" (shooting hoops).





Poppy and Ryan



Swimming with Ryan is a full-body sport and not for the faint of heart. You will not have a dry centimeter on your body.



Aunt Julia with the kids and Ryan on cloud nine watching bubbles!



You can see the (tinkerbell) bracelet she made for herself. Here she is making me a necklace. :)

1 comment:

Chris said...

Ryan's looking pretty husky what with those ribs showing and all.