Monday, July 19, 2010

Post-partum

It isn't nearly as fun as one might think.

Sure, you can have that glass of wine and sleep longer than 1 hour without waking to go to the bathroom, but there's the pesky business of losing the weight that mysteriously crept up while pregnant and was somehow not attached to the baby. (How does that happen?!) If you know me in real life you know that I loathe working out. I mean, really hate running. I could be on board for a class (you know, that whole accountability thing) but that is neither in the budget nor do I have enough hours in my day. So, even though it pains my soul, I've joined weight watchers (online) and begun modifying my diet. Sigh. (why does growing up have to be so not fun sometimes?). Good news, I'm 2 lbs from my goal. Bad news, it's taking so much longer than before and, it was only my initial goal. Boo.

Anyway, I've been on the hunt for yummy recipes that are filling and healthy and thought I'd pass tonight's dinner on. YUM. (I'm going to post what I actually did next to what the recipe said to do. I'm a rebel like that).

1 lb uncooked lean ground beef (I used venison, it's what I had).
1 c. onion, thinly sliced
2 T. fresh ginger root, minced
2 medium garlic cloves, minced (I used 4)
2 c. bok choy, thinly sliced (I used about 3 and "sliced" them by cutting them then
with my kitchen shears--so fast and easy!).
1 medium sweet red pepper, thinly sliced (I didn't have one, so I skipped this)
2 c. or 10 mushrooms, thinly sliced (my kids don't like these, so I skipped this too)
2 T low sodium soy sauce (I used at least 4).
Lettuce for wraps.

Coat skillet with pam on medium/high heat and add beef, onion, ginger and garlic. Cook until brown, about 5 minutes. Add bok choy, pepper, mushrooms and soy sauce. Cook, stir occasionally until bok choy is wilted, pepper is tender. About 4 minutes.

Spoon into lettuce leafs, roll and eat. It was really quite good, and, if you're counting, only 4 points a serving!

2 comments:

The Stephens Family said...

That's definitely going in my menu plan for next week...looks yummy! Thanks for posting the recipe!

Christy said...

Thanks for posting this! I'm always looking for new tasty recipes as my dinner menu gets rather dull...poor Andre!