Friday, July 23, 2010

I can be fun...

So my friend Moriah has a weekly bloggy carnival, "Fun Mom Friday". Sadly, I've been trying to participate for the last 2 weeks, and failed. Evidently, I'm not that fun. :) So, here we go--down to the serious business of being a fun mom!

I had to run a few errands on Wednesday. I had been putting them off for a while. Let's be honest, getting in and out of the car with 3 little ones isn't fun (or time effective). But, we made a couple of stops then went to Petsmart to visit the animals (and, BONUS, it's air conditioned. Yes!). My kids love seeing the animals--they get to tap the glass of the aquariums and about give the fish heart attacks, jump up and down in front of the doggie daycare and get them all riled up, see snakes, lizards, turtles, rodents and try and sing with birds (no, I'm not kidding. Yes, I'm sure Petsmart employees are thrilled to see us walk in the door.).

After that bit of excitement, we were hit up for money. Not to be deterred, we went to Toys R Us for Anna-Kate to spend her birthday money (after she and I had found a coupon for the toy she wanted. OK, not so fun, but getting the toy is fun, right?). The kids love putting their hands on every toy in sight seeing all of the toys. I even let them play on the car things at the exit. They don't know you are supposed to put money in. Why would I spoil that innocence? :)

On the way home we drove through Chick-fil-a. If I were a "funner" mom we would have stayed to play, but the baby needed to be nursed and I was tired. We brought it home for a picnic. (Funny, eating on the floor is not my idea of a good time, but the mere mention of the word "picnic" evokes shrieks of joy from my kids!). Sadly, I didn't have my camera all morning, but I was able to snap a couple of pictures around the mouthfuls of chicken.

Ryan really does like chicken, he is highly annoyed that I actually asked him to stop eating and smile. :)



After Jack ate (not chicken. Sorry, buddy.) he got in on the "picnic" action too. :)

7 comments:

Olivia said...

That does look fun! You're definitely a very fun mom!

Moriah @ Please Pass the Salt said...

My kids also adore Petsmart. And the toy store. Heh.

Jason and Gretchen said...

...pet store...I like that!!

FunMom said...

Petsmart, Chic-fil-a, and lunch on the floor...sounds like you're a fun (and smart!) mama to me!! :)

mer@lifeat7000feet said...

I love picnics on the floor. Unfortunately so does our very ill-behaved beagle. We used to do that a lot before we had a dog!

Your family is so cute! Love the pic of you all at the top of your blog.

Linda said...

Picnics are always fun! We do the Petsmart thing too! Nothing like air-conditioned entertainment! :)

Michelle (Lemonadegal) said...

Okay, you dress your children in coordinating outfits to run errands! You are a FUN mom! :) Seriously, they are cuties! I'm with you on the picnic thing, but it is the little things that get the little excited. Oh, and don't you know, it's not Petsmart -- it is the "Free Zoo."