Wednesday, July 7, 2010

You can't make this stuff up, people!

So this morning was Anna-Kate's (4 year) and Jack's (3 month) pictures. A little late...but who's counting. N-E-Way...We got pictures, (total success, will post tomorrow)I made a coupe of returns, we ate pizza (bonus, Jack slept in his carseat the whole time. This is unprecedented, y'all!)and swung by Kohl's on the way home to return a couple of things. We went in, found a couple of deals, checked out and I began searching for my keys (you know this can't lead anywhere good, huh?). I left the big kids with my mom inside (I had Jack in the bjorn) and we headed out to see if I could see them. Yep, sure enough, they were sitting on the driver's seat. Of course they were. Panic set in as it was 1:05 (naptime!) and, as my kids share a room here, they woke up at 6 am to discuss their joy of sleepovers. Sigh (right before I stepped outside, Ryan laid down on the floor and said, "go night-night now Mama". Yuck!).

I looked up and, low and behold, a locksmith was driving past my van. I waved him down and went running after him (Remember, I had the bjorn on as well, I'm sure I was a sight). Sweet old man, bless his heart, tried to help, even offering to open it for free for me. He was slow as molasses, bless his heart. Mom had AAA, so called them as a back-up plan. It was so hot. Literally, my feet were on fire from the asphalt through my shoes. I was absolutely pouring sweat and there wasn't a stitch of shade to be found. So, I waited outside with Jack, awkwardly trying to block him from the sun, until a sweet lady walked up and told me to go inside with the baby and she would wait with the locksmith. I love the friendliness of the south!

I walked inside to my kids sitting in a pile of Pooh bears and Eeyore's, (Kohl's current $5 stuffed animal at the front) under the table they had been on--you know, their tent. Ryan had no shoes on. I was mortified. They were, however, quiet. Saving grace of the situation?(Evidently, they had previously been growling like dinosaurs until mom told them some people like to shop without dinosaur noise in the background. Glad I missed that part, might have done me in.) My mom walked out to relieve the kind lady just as the sweet old mans' co-worker (who he had called in for help, unbeknown to me) and AAA rolled in, at the exact same time. AAA guy was a little slower out of the car, so got "beat" on the job. The sweet lady came in and carried all of our bags to the car for me (as I had Jack on, holding Anna-Kate's hand and carrying Ryan, as he had no shoes on still). I offered sweet old man's buddy the $3 in cash I had on me (he's lucky I had that, I never have cash!) and we were happily on our way. While pouring sweat. At 1:55.

Now, both boys are asleep and I might try and follow suit. The end.

No comments: