Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Laura Ingels, I am not.

If you know me IRL you know that I'm not outdoorsy. I don't hike, I don't camp, I don't do "roughing it". (Chris knew that getting into this!). :) Hey, at least I was upfront about it (much like he was up front about getting a dog. URGH, but I digress).

So a few weeks ago we had a few bouts with losing power (for hours on end). I found myself highly annoyed. The kids were at my parents' house this weekend (more on that tomorrow) and wouldn't you know it, we lost power again. In some senses, it was good that they weren't here as poor Ryan gets so hot he can't sleep, but I had a to-do list a mile long and that required power (to see, be able to breath, sew, embroider, organize...). It finally came back on. We decided to enjoy the flexibility of having only 1 child (ahh, to be a first time mom with confidence...) and had a spontaneous date lunch on Saturday at our favorite pizza place. Moments after our food was delivered, the power went out. Of course it did. Jack didn't enjoy the heat (and I assure you, I did not either. Keep in mind, it's pizza, there were 4 huge ovens open to the restaurant exuding all sorts of heat waves!). Thankfully we had cash to leave.

I swear, we must be bad luck for electricity. Even when it doesn't stay off, it often flickers every few days. It's just not normal how often I have to reset every blasted clocks, ovens etc.

Rant over. I need to go reset my clocks.

2 comments:

Glenn and Angela said...

I so appreciate this rant because ours has been doing the same thing! and we don't even live on the same side of the metro area...but something must be done! It's too hot for this to be going on, and I am with you on how annoying it is to keep resetting all the stupid clocks! Hopefully it won't happen again for a long while!

Meg said...

GIRL! We were at Blue Moon on Saturday when the power went out, too. We saw y'all leaving, but you were outside walking downt he sidewalk and we were inside. The power eventually came back on, but it took about 30 minutes. :)