Monday, July 5, 2010

Clearly, we're confused...

...as to the real day that our country celebrates its birth. Today, the 5th, we had our home group from church over for a big cookout. What a blast! I believe there were 32 people here for the hotdog, hamburger and crazy amount of sides/dessert extravaganza! The kids played out back and the adults had a wonderful time to fellowship and chat--we are so blessed with fun church friends in our area. :)In less fortunate news, I didn't take the first picture, so there is no documentation that today ever occurred. Boo. O well, I'm sure I had more fun not being behind the lens of a camera. :)

In totally unrelated, yet lovely news, this morning Chris took the big kids to the pool and I was able to get some work done while Jack napped. What a great dad he is! Evidently, Ryan's floatie broke, so he was jumping in and going under/kinda swimming with no floats. I need to take him by himself a couple of times and I know he would be swimming. So proud of him!

***

Yesterday we had problems getting to church because of a race that blocked the street, and thus access, to our church. So, after driving all the way there we turned around and came home. Ugh! It ended up being a lovely day though. We had lunch together, played, while the kids napped I ran to a fabric store with a friend to take advantage of the HUGE 4th sale, the we ate dinner and the kids played in the pool and "sprinkles" (sprinkler) while Chris laid pine straw and I dead-headed (the job that never ends...) my roses. We had fireworks in surround sound as we can see the ones downtown, our local area's fireworks and a couple of random people in my neighborhood set them off last night too. Amazing that all 3 kids slept through them!

***

I'm taking the kids to visit my parents tomorrow. We plan to get Jack's 3 month and Anna-Kate's 4 year old pictures taken, pick blueberries and see my college roommate and her kids. Should be a lot of fun. :)

***

This officially ends the most boring, unrelated and random blog to date. Thank you for reading, my apologies and hoping to be more entertaining tomorrow. :)

1 comment:

Dance411 said...

Well Marley fell in love with Anna Kate today at the pool. She was shy and Anna Kate was very sweet and asked Marley if she liked her swimsuit and told her they both had chipped toe nail polish! it was hilarious to watch and hear. She asked me all day who that girl at the pool was and if she could see her again :)