Sunday, July 11, 2010

(tap, tap) Is this thing on?

So we got home from my parents house on Friday and I had every intention of blogging about the trip, but I had to take Ryan to the doctor. (He had been sick all week and woke up from his nap on Friday screaming saying he was "sickie" and was unconsolable and dazed such that I had to shake him to get him to acknowledge me--scared me!). I intended to feed the baby and then come downstairs, but the power went off. And stayed off until midnight. Of course it did. We had a huge storm that left lasting damage around our neighborhood/area (thankfully, we had none). Saturday our internet was down all day until time for my to go out for dessert with Leigh-Ann for her 30th birthday! When I was dropping her off Chris told me not to rush as the power was off. Again. So, here we are on Sunday. Fun, right?

So, Friday. We went to pick blueberries at a local farm. Anna-Kate, who does not like blueberries, (how is that possible??) was so excited to pick them for her daddy and proclaimed that she would "pick 1,000 for daddy!". She lost interest at about berry 50. I made her eat one off the tree (or bush? It's either a short tree or a tall bush. Hmm.) and she dutifully did, still not enjoying it. O well.







Ryan, who had been sick all week, was sitting in the stroller but got totally into the picking! He picked his bucket about 1/4 full, and then I noticed why he had became so quiet:



After a morning picking berries, we participated in cow appreciation day at Chick-fil-a. (If you are unfamiliar, if you dress like a cow you get free food). The chick was even kind enough to offer free printable cow spots, ears and noses (and signs!). Here are my little bovines:





Waiting on their food with Poppy:



More from the trip tomorrow--better make use of the time...I have a fear of the power cutting off again.

No comments: