Thursday, July 29, 2010

Some quotables with a dose of random thrown in

Ryan: "boppy, boppy, boo!" all while waving his pirate sword! ("bippity, boppity, boo!")

***

AK: "Umm, my friend, Mary Martin [pretend friend] told me that I was in charge of all boys, so I'm telling Ryan to give me his sword now."
Me: "I'm in charge of Ryan, actually."
AK: "Ya, but Mary Martin said I'm in charge of boys, so what are we gonna do?"

***

AK: "Mommy, you be grandma-Kathy. I'm Janelle and these are my boys. My, you are doing such a lovely job of taking care of my boy Jack. You can just go put him to sleep now. What a helper you are!" (I wonder if I sound that patronizing?).

***

Anna-Kate continues her fascination with heaven. Yesterday she said, "I did not beary much know your brother Mark. Did he have Jesus in his heart so that I get to meet him when you and I go to heaven?" I told her he did and that we would (as I cried behind my sunglasses). She said, "I need to tell my friends about Jesus so He can live in their hearts too so we can all go to heaven together."
...thank you Jesus for her sweet, sensitive heart to You!

***

I got a shower (and, bonus, my hair washed, dried and flat ironed) all three kids fed, dressed and to the dentist 1 minute early, at 8:59. I was astounded. Once there, we were shown our own personal room, with a door (not the open air multi-chair area that the non-hysterically screaming kids with "doesn't do well" on their charts regular people get). About 5 minutes in, a sympathetic nurse came back to shut the door. Thankfully, Anna-Kate did decently this morning, but there was a time that all three were crying. Sigh.

***

Highlight of the day was our trip to Publix. I handed my cashier my coupons, she looked through them and said, "don't you have that $5 off coupon from the mail to give me?". I had totally forgotten! Sweet, that helped. :) Then, this week was a special, "buy theirs, get ours free" (ie, buy sunmaid raisins, get publix brand free). I obliged, we can do some damage on a big thing of raisins. It wasn't showing up in the system and they were trying to track down the manager about it. I told her just to take them off as I had to go and the troops were melting down. She took them off and sent me home with both for free! Love the people at Publix!

3 comments:

Kathy said...

What about the rule that only one child can cry at a time?
Mom

Jenn said...

Anna Kate has such a sweet heart and it's obvious the Lord is already working on her. What a blessing!

Anonymous said...

I love AK's precious heart for Jesus. How wonderful that she has such a deep understanding of the love of Jesus and our eternity in Heaven!!
'
Jenny