Thursday, July 8, 2010

Pictures, a success!

I've been reading a lot (relatively speaking, like I have time for "a lot" of anything) about birth order. I am textbook first born with a lot of overlap into only child. Are you astounded? :) (Or, as Anna-Kate would say, "I can hardly believe that!") Wanna know who else is classic first born? That would be my mini-me, Anna-Kate. One of the things that distinguishes first borns from their siblings is a specific dislike of change and a need to know what's coming next (Like, we aren't flexible people. If we plan on something happening, it better happen that way. I am becoming more flexible in my old age, thankfully.). Anyway, I had told Anna-Kate that Jack was getting his pictures first and then she would go. But, of course, we were late getting there and Jack was asleep so I asked her to go first. Every one of the pictures she had red eyes as she was barely able to hold in her tears (for the "dangling carrot" of pizza for lunch for sweet/smiling girls!). Jack went and did amazing. He giggled and smiled--I had a really hard time picking what picture to get for him. I told Anna-Kate I wanted her to try again. She did beautifully! She just needed things to go like I had told her, I guess. I (obviously) didn't buy the bad picture, though I wish I could document the difference in the two pictures. Anyway, I was quite happy with how the pictures turned out.

My sweet, smiling boy. It's been a fun 3 months.



My big girl looks so old and mature!

3 comments:

Christy said...

Ok, so my Jack has the EXACT same outfit and had his three month photo in it as well...too funny! Your photos turned out beautifully, glad it went pretty well :)

The Bartons said...

haha- love the birth order bit- you are TOTALLY an only child and that's why you married chris, the youngest :) he's used to be bossed around by older siblings ;) haha i read a book (forgot the name of it now) but it was awesome about birth order- got it from the Christian book store. i'll try and find out what it was if you want cuz it was so great. described me to a tee too :) matt and i are an 'odd' couple b/c we're BOTH firstborns (which means lots of fireworks sometimes ;) atleast we knew going in to it though :) haha
LOVE the pics too! do you still get them taken in macon at that place in the new mall?

Anonymous said...

GREAT pics!! I LOOOOOVE AK's dress. Did you make it? Glad the photos turned out so wonderful.

Jenny