Thursday, July 22, 2010

Take me out to the ballgame...

...actually, don't (not so much a fan. I like sports that involves excitement, as defined as, something happening). However, Chris took the big kids to a baseball game last night.

The kids thought they were big stuff going to an evening game and staying up late. Oh ya, and the bag full of treats that their daddy took didn't hurt either. :) Anna-Kate came home raving about the cotton candy, peanuts and cracker jacks they had.

Before they left. Isn't this the sweetest picture of the big kids and their awesome daddy!?!



Poor Ryan, he is so hot natured!



Evidently, Anna-Kate loved every second of it. :) Such sweet memories for them!



***
Chris' highlights from the night:

AK: "daddy, which part should I watch, the green part (grass, ie outfield) or the dirt (ie bases)."

Chris: "uh, the dirt?"

***

Chris gave a 5 minute warning before they were going to leave. Anna-Kate, as is her new thing, asked for seven more minutes. Being a nice daddy, he obliged. Then they began the 5 block walk to the van. Chris was carrying Ryan (as it was about 9:15 at that point) and Anna-Kate was walking (and, evidently, her steps were getting more and more shuffled).

AK: "Daddy, you know how I asked for 7 more minutes to watch the game?"

Chris: "um, ya."

AK: "I think I should have asked for just 1 more minute."

She fell asleep immediately upon Chris beginning to drive.

1 comment:

Jonesey said...

Wow, I am impressed.

What a good question, what should I watch, the grass or the dirt :)