Wednesday, September 8, 2010

First day of school, 2nd edition

Tuesday was Ryan's first day of MMO. He had gone back and forth from having fear in his eyes at the mention of school to wanting to "go with Tate!" (Anna-Kate). So, for the whole weekend we talked about going to school, being brave and if he missed me or got sad to remember how much mommy loved him (a la, "The Kissing Hand").

I tried to get a good front door picture...I even let lamby join the fun. Sadly (clearly) it was to no avail. We'll try again.



Anna-Kate was only too eager to offer a smile and show Ryan how it was done.




As we drove to school he kept repeating, "I try be brave Mommy, I try." He had a death grip on me as we entered his room and absolutely wouldn't crack a smile.



We went in, I showed him where his backpack would go, showed him the potty and got him set up with a buddy playing with trains. I gave him one last hug and kiss and left (to get my camera and sneak a picture with his back to me. I would call Tuesday a failure in the photo-op department).



When I returned to pick him up I had a wonderful report--he was 1 of three kids who didn't cry! He did great, was obedient and his only accident was because I forgot to tell them to take one leg out of his short for him to straddle the potty--thus getting the angle correct, if you know what I mean. So, his clothes needed to be changed, but not because he had an accident. (BIG BOY!! We are so proud of him.) I have to say, my favorite part of school days (or any time of separation) is the reunion. The drop what I'm doing and go running, arms spread, shouting "Mommy!" is the absolute best!

No comments: