Friday, September 17, 2010

A glorious Friday night

Alternate Title: if only every weekend began like this...

Our friends called to invite us out for pizza and to go to a local square for icecream.

(Side note, not sure if it's just me, but my afternoon went from "just fine" to "amazing" in the course of 3 minutes. I enjoy cooking as much as the next person, but it's so freeing to be able to work on a project all of nap time without thinking about dinner preparation and to be able to sit and read with the kids instead of scurrying about getting dinner ready. Wonderful!)

Anyway, not only did this mean I didn't have to cook dinner, but Chris got home a few minutes early and we got to chat with friends (and our kids were so excited!). Unfortunately, we were at the restaurant 1 1/2 hours, (they got there first and were there an extra 20 minutes) so driving to the square was out. We instead drove through McDonalds and brought it home to have a "picnic" in the backyard. We got the $1 sundaes and I scooped them into cones I had here. The kids thought it was awesome to get a big cone (instead of the mini ones they usually get) and hot fudge and I thought it was great that they were dripping outside. :) I took Jack in to feed him while Chris hosed the kids off (no, I'm not kidding. He stripped them and hosed them down calling it their "shower".). We had a nice family devotion and prayer time and all three are blissfully asleep now.

Heavenly.

No comments: