Thursday, September 9, 2010

Ryan-isms and stuff

"the 'boose"--caboose
"pay trains"--the constant "play trains" that I hear. :)
"Di-sor train!"--Dinosaur Train (the show) that he repeats in a song, of sorts (thanks, Chris).
"I not a pumpkin, (when I use pumpkin as an affectionate term) I a Ryan!"
"Umm, no thanks" when I ask him if he needs to go potty.

***

My college roommates are coming in town for the weekend so I was giving Anna-Kate a refresher, via pictures, on who was who. She ended up knowing almost all of my bridesmaids but asked where Aunt Ann (Leigh-Ann) was. I told her that we weren't friends back at the wedding. She said, "Oh, that is so sad. So, so sad Mama! I wish she was in your wedding! But, I've seen your wedding movie a lot and Uncle Jon is in your wedding, why?". She could not wrap her head around Chris and Jonathan being friends and Leigh-Ann and I not--it was rockin' her world!

***

I told Anna-Kate that Miss Kendel was at Disneyworld. She was very excited for her. A bit later she asked if we could move to the Polynesian with Miss Kendel and live there and daddy get a new job in Florida. I said no. She said, she was going to talk with her Poppy about it and then said, "well my Mary friends invited a new Mary to join them--Mary Kendel." (So Kendel, you've evidently been "canonized". Ha!).

***

Soccer practice went much better yesterday. No tears, actually ran after the ball and kicked it (bonus, in the right direction!). First game is this weekend, should be cute.

***

Jack sat up (not in his carseat) in the front part of the buggy at Publix yesterday. He seemed to really like it and I can tell you, my shoulders appreciated him not being in the bjorn. We left the grocery and went to his first playgroup. So cute (and, he wasn't even the youngest!). Thankfully, there was a boom of boys born in our neighborhood this past year, so he has a lot of friends already. :)

***

Thus ends the most random blog post ever. You're welcome.

3 comments:

Chris said...

My favorite Ryanism... "Oh yeah... das right..." with head nodding in agreement

Anonymous said...

awww, very sweet! love that little one...

love,
aunt-ann

Tate Family said...

i love your randomosity