Sunday, February 20, 2011

Clearly, we make a big deal out of holidays.

So, as I looked through all 9 million my "valentines day" pictures I realized: I have a problem. We've been celebrating over a week. :)

We kicked off the celebrations with the father/daughter date night at the Chick. As I mentioned before, flowers are not lost on this girl!





Then, we had Anna-Kate's Valentines Tea Party. SO fun! She had 3 little friends from school over for lunch (pb and strawberry jelly sandwiches cut into hearts, red apples, popcorn and juice in tea cups). We followed that up with hot tea (herbal gingerbread) with milk and sugar, (I'd imagine it was quite sweet as I let them get their own from the Cinderella sugar pot) sugar cookies with hearts on them and strawberry (pink!) icecream in the center and chocolate chip scones (you're welcome, moms, for the sugar high!). The girls all wore their favorite red and pink outfits and behaved so well. I told them about proper tea manners and even threw in "pinkies in the air" and about fell over laughing when they all tried to hold their cups and stick their pinkies up (while holding their saucers in the other hand--quite comical, and not so refined. ha!).

Anna-Kate, Annie, Natalie and Campbell





Chris had to go out of town on a short business trip on Valentines Day. Anna-Kate and I walked downstairs to a wonderful surprise. Chris had gotten up crazy early and filld the kitchen with Valentine surprises! There was a huge vase of tulips on the island, a mylar balloon for each of the kids. There was chocolate, roses and my chili cheese fritos. :) I was blown away! I made pink milk, (added food color)and banana pancakes cut into the shape of hearts. The kids got a big kick out of that. :) We hurried off to school for Anna-Kates class Valentines party (aka, day 1 of Little Caesars pizza for the week).

Festive breakfast:



My tulips (my fav!!)



Ryan and Lydia



Me and my sweet girl



Sweet sibling shot:


(
Since Chris was out of town (aka I had a long afternoon/night coming) and it was early enough that Jack wasn't going to miss his nap, I decided to be "fun mom" and stay to spend some time at the playground!







Ryans party was on Tuesday. Here he is with his sweet teacher, Ms. Tanya



His other teacher, Ms Courtney. We have been so blessed with our kids' teachers!



Me with my big boy!



The big sisters at the little kids party on Tuesday.



Jack enjoying (day 2) Little Caesars pizza.



He is my sweet, silly, "funny valentine". Love this boy!

No comments: