Wednesday, February 9, 2011

My happy dance

So, if you follow me regularly, you know that planning our Disney trip this year has been a bit of a headache (for your reading pleasure, check out this and this).

Anywho. I decided to write a letter of complaint because things still were not squared away. I threw in a few "my experience thus far has been far from magical" (yada, yada). A lovely guest service lady, Yolanda, called me back while I was out of town and the message got lost in the shuffle. I was a little bummed out that things were progressing normally as I did not have a good reason to call her back and ask for something free (you know, my M.O.). Enter, my mom. She tried to add something to our reservation and it wouldn't allow the order to be processed and we got the same "I've never seen this screen before"...It's sad, really, that I was a little bit happy for the calamity. I called Yolanda up first thing the next day, near giddy to have a secret phone number with a direct extension. For the next 3 days I called repeatedly, nothing. I fired off an email to Disney and Yolanda called me back the next day. I answered the phone and she said, "Mrs. ___, I'm calling to fix the problems you've had with your reservation and make you completely happy and satisfied" (I thought, "super, but I am so not the person you want to make that offer to."). She absolutely bent over backwards to help me and fixed everything for me! At the end of our (quite lengthy) conversation I said, "Yolanda, I feel a little bad asking this, seeing as I am no longer angry, but I figure it can't hurt to ask. Would it be possible for you to secure some fastpasses for my family for all of the headache I've been through?" She sounded less than sure that she could pull it off since there are 7 of us and evidently Disney doesn't like giving them (or anything) away for free--especially that many. She said she would look into it and call me back.

Imagine my shock when I received this email from guest communications:

"we have arranged to provide priority entrance passes for three attractions of your choice during your next visit to each of our Theme Parks".

That right there guarantees we will not be waiting in line for anything our whole stay. I am beyond pumped and (even more so) cannot wait for our trip!

3 comments:

Katie said...

Awesome girlfriend! You worked some serious "magic"!!! hahhaa!

Meagan Dennison said...

you are a girl after my heart! Isn't it amazing what you get if you just ask???? That's ALWAYS my M.O.

Mom B said...

You are your mother's daughter....on steroids!! :-) good job!