Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Urgh

I write this for me and for about 3 people who will be interested. Sigh.

I called Disney last night to discuss which room I wanted (proximity to food and pools being of high importance--obviously). I got it sorted out and the lady asked if there was anything else she could help me with. I said, "well, while I've got you, it's not a bad idea to double check all of my dining reservations since it's been the biggest thorn in my side to deal with this headache". Sure enough, the two I had been having a hard time with, and had previously gotten manager override on to keep, had kicked me out of the system and I no longer had a reservation. I was livid. She was very kind and got me to a manager. I'm supposing in the 10 minutes I was on hold the manager accessed my file to see what she was dealing with {me, mad}. She picked up and said, "Mrs. ___, I'm Kelly Sue and you don't need to say a word. Give me 5 minutes on this computer and I will have everything you need and I promise you will be happy with the outcome". For the first time ever I said nothing. Indeed, she got it all squared away and was about to hang up. I said, "so, do you need my credit card information or is this on the house?" (only half kidding...). She gave a nervous laugh and said she couldn't do that. She took my credit card information and asked if there was anything we were celebrating. Since Anna-Kate and my mom have birthdays around when we'll be there and Chris and I will celebrate our anniversary, I told her about all of that and said, "just note that so we'll get the Disney royal treatment". She said, "oh you will ma'am--we will be ready and waiting for you." More to come on that. So help me if this saga continues...

1 comment:

Katie said...

Oh man Janelle! What an ordeal...you and these stupid reservations! Hopefully you are set and you DO get the royal treatment!!!!