Saturday, January 22, 2011

A cruise to Mexico

Welcome to the Carnival Elation!



Our room (on the bottom floor. It was exactly 88 stairs up anytime we went anywhere. That was our deal with each other--we ate whatever we wanted, but we never took the elevator. Worked out OK. Upon actually weighing myself today it was only 1/2-1 lb I gained...lol):



Hubs taking in the sunset the first night (still cold in Alabama-bummer!)



We had gorgeous sunsets every night...



My view from the "adults only" deck on the back of the ship. We spent a lot of time sitting back there in the chairs or in the hot tubs. Heavenly.




Before dinner some night. :)



At our formal dinner. We had delicious shrimp and Chris had lobster tail. I had a steak.



In Progresso I got an hour long massage out on the beach (under a tent thing) for $20. I could hear the waves crashing, a mariachi band playing and Chris sat under the cabana near me. It was the absolute most relaxed I've ever been in my life. I got up walked 5 feet to where he was, and we had the best Mexican food I've ever eaten--a pile of fresh guacamole and pico de gallo, steak fajitas and veggies, fresh made chips and tortillas and delicious margaritas with tons of fresh lime! {I might be salivating right now thinking about it.}



In Cozumel we went on a zip-lining excursion. It wasn't what I had envisioned, but it was A LOT of fun. And, since it was just us and one other couple, they let us go through it all twice!



In Cozumel, sitting on some Mayan something-or-other {Chris should have left the hat on--just sayin'}.



Some Mayan Indians in Cozumel. I took this picture after we talked with the kids from a coffee shop with a wi-fi hotspot. We were able to facetime on our iphones (I left mine with my mom--it's like skype). It was so great to see them, but they started crying {and I may or may not have as well} and we were ready to come home right then!



I'm the rootin-ist tootin-ist cowgirl...Yee-haw!



Chris generously sharing his coca-cola light with the donkey.



Waiting on dinner--more guacamole! {Notice the crazy sunburn under my neck-yowza!! That was only from a couple of hours! Oops, guess I shouldn't have fallen asleep. :)



Goofball, "pulling" the ship in. :)



The ship was SO big!



Goodbye, Mexico!



I simply had to get a drink with an umbrella! It was called a "kiss on the lips"--yum!



We definitely spent some time at the sushi bar. After eating it every night I am positively craving a spicy tuna roll!!



Yum!




mini-golf CHAMP!!



Another beautiful sunset--sure love my husband!



Chris and I had such a wonderful time getting away on our cruise!! :) Thanks again, mom and dad, for keeping the kids, thus making it possible for us to get away! (and extra blessings on my poor mom who was a bit sick herself taking care of Ryan. He kept spiking fevers, though thankfully, no croupy stuff!).

No comments: