Sunday, January 2, 2011

Year in review

2010 was a great year and we are eagerly looking forward to 2011 to discover the blessings God has in store for us this year!

Highlights of 2010 include the birth of Jack, our {for now} annual trip to Disney with my parents, and really enjoying our family. Ryan {finally...I really wondered if I would ever be able to say that!} became potty trained, I participated in my first Christmas market, {so fun!} my mom quit her job, we've firmly instituted jammie Monday, and we've left Kaiser insurance {sadly, this makes me happy enough to make the list!}. **Edited to add, Chris' new job. Not sure quite how I overlooked this, but it was certainly a time of stress as he sought something new, was an incredible answer to prayer, and has been such a good thing for him personally and professionally (and, obviously, for our family as well!).

Lest we forget the hard parts, 2010 also brought hardship. We've dealt with numerous health issues in our family: my mom' cancer, Ryans breathing issues, surgery and continued lack of answers for his problems, my Papa's knee surgery and subsequent hospitilazation and rehab. There have been some changes, {pains my soul} which are always hard. My grandparents left their home of 45 years and, with it, left my last tangible childhood memory. We have struggled as we searched for schools--finding the right one, trying to determine whether to homeschool, {and if so who and when} and then trying to think about financing said education...it's been stressful.

Through it all I keep coming back to the love and faithfulness of God. He is always there, offering peace and rest for my soul. What a blessing! So, bring it on 2011, I am looking forward to the coming year--both the fun and the challenges.

2 comments:

Kathy said...

Seems to me that Chris' new job have made the highlights list? (After all, it enabled the move from Kaiser.)
Love,
Mom

Kathy said...

Make that "should have made". . .