Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Perfection

Today is day two of the "ice-apocalypse 2011" of the south. We still have yet to venture beyond our driveway (and that was yesterday, but whatev's).

We had friends drop by (out for a walk--really??) today and other than that we drank a lot of coffee, I cleaned like a mad woman, Chris took a shovel to the driveway (to get the 1"+ ice off) then got some work in, and the kids played together. I'd call it a lovely winter day. So thankful I didn't have to get out in the ice.

Any-hoo. Chris grilled some steaks for us, we found boxes worth of crap and toys under the kids' beds cleaned the kids rooms, had our family devotion time and then I decided to indulge my sweet tooth.

Mmmm, perfection.



In my observation, there are many types of marshmallow eaters out there. The "catch it on fire so I can eat it in 7 seconds flat" type. The "I don't want any brown on it, just soft in the middle" type. And then there are those who demand perfection from their marshmallow eating experience {like moi'}. I like my marshmallows dark brown at the edges and just browned across, but completely melted throughout. I can't stand it when they catch on fire, (because they are charred and not melted in the middle.) I'm dedicated to achieving the perfect roasted marshmallow.

What kind of a marshmallow toaster are you?

3 comments:

Meagan Dennison said...

I like them toasted so that they are melted all the way through, but then I like to seer it all over. YUM.

Meagan Dennison said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

oh man, i'm so jealous. we ran out of marshmallows on monday! I would say 5 in a row was a little much....so I SHOULD have my fill of them. but I do not. I would kill for one of those guys right now.

Leigh-Ann