Friday, January 21, 2011

Let the diet begin!

Pictures to come...but, we had a wonderful time. :) Some thoughts...

Carnival was a fine ship, but I do think that Disney has spoiled all vacations for us. Nothing else can measure up. :) We would walk around and see how many dishes were on the tables or how many pieces of paper were on the floor and think "wow, someone would be fired by now at Disney..." (I know, we're sick). The food was either great or pretty bad, but I clearly managed to not starve as I gained about 2 lbs! Yikes! There was a nightly sushi bar that was fantastic (if you're curious, spicy tuna is my favorite!) and the non-stop icecream was super (reminded me of college...and those pesky freshman pounds...). The biggest killer was the diet coke situation--$2 a coke! Yowza!! I got one. Sadly, when I went in search for one in Mexico I only found "coca-cola light" (which is what they had in Europe...) which absolutely is sub-par. (it tastes like real Coke). Sad.

In my observation, it took about 24-36 hours for me to get out of "mommy-mode" and be able to truly date my husband and talk about us and adult thing--not constantly circling back to the kids. But, on the other hand, being a mom is who I am, so it was weird to meet people who didn't know me as such and didn't know my kids. (and, if I had a dime for every person who said, "what? you have kids? WHAT? THREE???" we could pay for the cruise pretty much...). We were definitely ready for the cruise to be over and to get home (it could have been a day shorter and we would have been fine with that!). My friend, Emily, linked to some conversation questions to help you re-date your mate so I printed them and brought them a long. It was really a lot of fun and I am beyond thankful to my parents for keeping the kids so we could get away. While I don't know if we'll do a long cruise anytime soon, we decided we definitely needed to get away more often!

1 comment:

Andria said...

So glad you had a great time away! Can't wait to see pictures. The sushi bar sounds amazing. Can you send me that list of questions you referred to that your friend gave you? There's nothing like dating your hubby! :)